April 29, 2020
Having our wedding in a gorgeous, destination location would have been a DREAM, but we had so many close family and friends that we wanted to make sure could be there; we wanted them a part of our celebration, and we didn’t want them to miss out on anything! But for some couples, a small, intimate wedding with a few family members seems more perfect for them for a lot of reasons!
5 reasons you may be a destination bride:
- You care less about a big celebration with everyone you know and more about the quality time with the few most important people in your life.
- The wedding planning aspect doesn’t appeal to you; you would rather spend less time planning, while having a smaller, intimate wedding in an awesome location.
- You would rather put money towards traveling to a dream location on your bucket list instead of a venue with lots of decorations and food to host a few hundred people.
- You love the idea of having a vacation with your close family and friends before your actual honeymoon. Destination weddings are so fun for your guests too, not just the couple!
- You love adventure, and want to do something different than the “normal”.
If you do decide to do a destination wedding, keep these things in mind:
- You may not be able to meet vendors or tour venues in person. If you can, that’s awesome! But if you can’t, this may be one aspect that makes wedding planning a little bit harder: long distance. Take advantage of FaceTime!
- A destination wedding may not always be cheaper than a traditional wedding of a few hundred guests close to your home. Sometimes it can be, but that depends where the destination is, what travel expenses are, and how big your “home” wedding would be if you didn’t do a destination wedding.
- Trimming the guest list can be really hard, and people you love may not be able to go.
A dream of ours is to someday photograph a destination wedding because it’s something that’s so different than a traditional wedding, yet still a celebration of love! We love traveling and we love shooting weddings, so why not combine the two?!